Friday 14 October 2011

Another Challenge

A lot has happened since my last post 7 months ago. The reason for this has been lack of internet access and working very long hours..... I shall explain.

When I returned from Antarctica last March, I took a couple of weeks off to unwind and then slowly got back into working the freelance circuit with chef friends of mine at such places like Leicester Tigers Rugby club, The National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, The Crown & Sandies restuarant at Ombersley Worcs and one or two more.

It was while I was working at Leicester Tigers with my mate Executive Head chef Eddie Stephens, that i received a phone call asking me if I would be Interested In working on a Super Yacht for the summer season in the Mediterranean. 
They didn't have to ask twice. I was told that my CV had been forwarded to the Captain and I would be hearing from him in due course.

It was about a week later when I got a phone call from a Captain Mark Giblin on the Super Yacht   'Lady Feryal'.
After a long chat I agreed to fly over to Palma, Mallorca for a few days, which is where the yacht was in dry dock undergoing routine maintenance. This was to meet the crew cook a couple of meals and familiarise myself with the boat.
The crew turned out to be really nice and to cut a long story short, I accepted the offer.

I flew back home and waited for the captain's call to join the vessel which came at the begining of june.

Not that I'm trying to make you all jealous, but here is a quick tour of the Lady Feryal


 The Lady Feryal

 View of the Aft Decks

 The Sun Deck

 The Jacuzzi on top deck

Top Deck 

 Al Fresco Dining on Upper Aft Deck

 The Bridge

 The Main Salon

 The main Salon from the aft deck

 The Master Cabin

 The Sky Lounge

 Upper deck Disco

Twin Cabin

Double Cabin

Master Cabin Breakfast room


No comments:

Post a Comment