Sunday 23 October 2011

The Journey Begins

Armed with last years information, my bags are packed and ready to go.
Only this year they are 8 kilos lighter.
This is due to the fact that last year I didn't use any of things that I took down with me.

BAS supply all clothing, Toiletries, Bedding, and Chefs Kit.

So with that in mind I am only taking a few clothes to travel in, my Laptop and Camera.


I have One more hour before I have to set off for the airport, so another cup of tea and pack this laptop away.

The Plan for this years journey is to fly from Heathrow airport to Madrid, where we will spend a few hours, then onto Santiago and Punta Arenas in South America, where we will collect our kit bags from AGUNSA warehouse.
There will be a briefing at Antarctic Logistics & Expeditions.
Then Depart from Punta Arenas and Transfer from Union Glacier to Halley.

So now you know as much as me...
I will keep you updated as the journey continues, If the Internet allows.

I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ICE !!


2 comments:

  1. woooooo!!...have fun ..will miss you loads..bring a penguin back for me :D

    love you gemma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trevor I arrive I'n the pole on the 15th November fancy a catch up? Worked with you years ago
    Jim St Claire jones

    ReplyDelete