Monday 8 November 2010

Cape Town South Africa

Arrived safely in Cape Town, South Africa, After a tiring journey of 12 hours.
Got to the Hotel ok only to find my room was not ready, along with a few other guys from the group.
The team that should have been in Antarctica by now was still at the hotel. They had been delayed due to bad weather on the Ice. After introductions it was suggested that we go up Table Top Mountain while our rooms were being prepared. What a Shock to the system that was.
When we arrived at the cable I was told that we were going to climb up!!
And BOY did we climb, and climb. After a long flight, very little food, Scorching sun and 2 and a half hours later, I eventually reached the top. My legs jellyfied, my heart pumping and my stomach growling I marvelled at the view before getting something to eat and taking the cable car down.



4 comments:

  1. Totally mad but just what I expect from the intrepid chef/adventurer! Stunning photos of gorgeous you! Enjoy the warmth whilst you can hon. Dee xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so down with the sun! Please send some 2 me so I dnt have to put up with this stupid rain, I keep forgetting my brolly!
    You're looking well pleased to have reached a resting point! Don't forget my shark pictures if you end up doing it!
    Jess xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Trevor
    Only a week away and you have climbed table top mountain what ever next so proud Chef. Looks like it will be hard to get to work bit more than leaves on the line eh. It seems like only yesterday we were in wales having tea together. You take the adventure spirit to the tenth degree or in your case a lot of degrees south ha! ha! Will keep in touich this is my first Blog ever!!! John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures, me too I need some sun !! miserable weather in Manchester...
    Enjoy !!!
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete